Digital & Social Media Worker – Closing Date 25/11/20
LGBTQ+ BAME – Small Non-Profit CIC
1 day (6-7hrs) weekly – home based up to £100
Freelance contract up to 4 months
We are looking for a dynamic, can do techie to provide freelance support to develop our online brand presence and manage set up / promotion of our online activities. Following an induction, you will run with delivery of tasks under minimal supervision. Your key areas of work will include growing our membership, improving our online engagement (eg, social media, website) and managing online events (set up, registration, promotion, delivery zoom/live stream, monitoring and performance evaluation). Technical skills are required to examine our existing activity analytics, improve systems & user journey and contribute to our digital strategy to improve our brand presence. Club Kali Network is a small community interest company (CIC). Our mission is to reduce isolation and support LGBTQ+ BAME community.
Main responsibilities include:
- Analysing performance / analytics for growth (including newsletter platform such as mailchimp and google analytics).
- Implementing creative ways to increase subscribers & social media engagement.
- Generating appropriate content; sourcing imagery, design, (eg, using canva) writing post text, tagging & building links to improve external partnerships/collaborations.
- Improve profile and messaging; publishing content on different channels eg, video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, increasing CTA Share / Like / Sign Up.
- Managing online events; Setting up on delivery platform, promotion, registration integration with zoom, website, facebook events, monitoring/evaluation using polls, feedback systems and linking platforms seamlessly.
- Dealing with the audience queries (on-going conversations, messages on twitter, facebook, email) in a timely professional manner with respect to polices.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge we require:
- Strong understanding, experience and/or open to learning about LGBTQ BAME experience, communities, organisations and impact of inequalities.
- Evidence of running successful online events/campaigns with social media promotion, eg, your strategies, growing reach, increasing sign-ups, & impact measures.
- Experience of generating appropriate engaging social media content for a diverse range of channels; sourcing/editing photos, short videos for facebook, insta, youtube.
- Writing newsletters and creative/innovative contribution to content
- Excellent communication skills in English, including writing for social media / websites.
- Multi-tasker, organised, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Scheduling & Managing online meetings eg, Zoom, Facebook Live, with smooth registrations, checks, reminders, evaluation polls and tech support
- Collate, understand and apply performance data eg, impact of campaigns/growth on social media, website, events reach, newsletter for progress reports & development.
Self-employed Freelance post 6-7hrs weekly. Flexible hours. Up to 4 months to March 2021.
Payment Monthly on invoice subject to completion of tasks.
Note: Duties subject to change given impact of Covid-19 & Government advice.
What we offer:
- Joining a social enterprise to support LGBTQ BAME community.
- Induction, training, support and a great learning journey.
- Proactive, can-do, approach, open to learning and responsive to change
- Timely completion and delivery of tasks in a changing environment
- Organised planner, and able to manage competing priorities
- Non-judgemental attitude, live by and value equality and social justice.
Submit your CV with a Maximum of one A4 page cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria (skills, experience, knowledge) we require, your available start date. Plus answers to the questions below on a second page.
Application – Extra information to include
Please take a look at our facebook, twitter and website pages. Then answer each part of the question in one paragraph each in addition to you rone page cover letter:
- Explain the first 3 steps you would take and why to improve brand presence on our
1a) Facebook (one paragraph) b) Twitter (one paragraph) c) Website (one paragraph
- Why do you want to join us? Max one paragraph.
Interview & Dates
Closing Date: Wednesday 25 November 2020.
Interview Dates: 27/28 November via Zoom.
You can Email your application to us.
Please email , include your phone number if you prefer to speak to us.